Steps to Add Developer Tab:
- Open Office PowerPoint 2013.
- Open new PowerPoint.
- Click File.
- Click Options.
- Click Customize Ribbon in the new window that appears.
- Add check in front of Developer in the second column that appears.
- Click OK.
Steps to embedding video:
- Go to the YouTube video that you want to embed.
- Copy the URL address at the top left of the browser window. Do NOT copy the link underneath the video.
- Go back to your PowerPoint.
- Select a blank slide.
- Click on the Developer tab.
- Click on the picture of tools in the Controls toolbox. This opens a sub-menu.
- Scroll down to Shockwave Flash Object.
- The cross line symbol appears. Use it to drop a box for your video on the blank slide. Just click and hold down the left mouse button to draw the box. Release the button when your done.
- Right click inside the box.
- Another menu box appears. Click on Property Sheet.
- Another menu box appears. If you did not copy the YouTube video URL earlier go back and do it now.
- Look for the line marked Movie.
- Right click and paste the video URL in the column next to Movie.
- In the URL place the cursor after"watch?" and back space over it to delete it.
- Look for the = after the letter"v" in the URL. Delete it and add a forward slash (/).
- Look for the Playing and the Loop lines. They have True/False options.
- Click on the down arrow at the end of the lines and change them both to false.
- Step 17. lets you control the play option in your slideshow.
- Close this last menu and hit Save.
- To view the video, You must play the slideshow. It doesn't appear in outline view.
Remember! You have to be connected to the Internet and have an updated flash player on your browser to access and play the video. We recommend Firefox or Chrome over Internet Explorer at this time.